Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik Round 5V LED Matrix Lamp Kit plus batteries
This round 5V LED matrix lamp Kit offers a really bright light, which is compact and easy to mount. The unit is supplied with 9 white super flux LEDs, which collectively output around 16,000 mCd.
The unit incorporates current limit resistors, allowing it to be run from a 5V supply or 3 x AA batteries can be used (3 new batteries will last for around 5 hours).
- Easy to build lamp kit.
- Battery or mains power.
- 9 x White Super Flux 5mm Water Clear LED - 80deg - 1800mCd.
- 3 x 33R Resistor.
- 1 x Round 5V LED Matrix Desk Lamp Kit PCB.
- 2 x Wire link.
- PCB Diameter: 48mm.
- 4 x Mounting Hole Diameter: 3.2mm.
- Soldering Iron.
- Either: 5V Wall Power Unit (some modification is required - see our tutorial for the mono amplifier kit here).
- Or: 3 x AA Batteries.
- And: 1 x 3 x AA Battery Cage with Leads and Switch.
- Or: 1 x Kitronik Micro USB Breakout Board, with Power Switch.
- And: 1 x Mobile Phone Charger & Wire.
- Click here to download the essential information.
- Click here to download the full teaching resources.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2169.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
In this resource, we show you how to make a cool Scandinavian style lampshade using our sustainable 3mm laser cork. One of the great things about making things out of...
In this resource, we show you how to make a cool Scandinavian style lampshade using our sustainable 3mm laser cork. One of the great things...
Hi again, we’re back with another project! This one is inspired by the beginning of Spring 2021, and features a couple of more advanced techniques. We've got all of the...
Hi again, we’re back with another project! This one is inspired by the beginning of Spring 2021, and features a couple of more advanced techniques....
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.