Kitronik Easy Build Timer Project Kit plus batteries
Kitronik Easy Build Timer Project Kit plus batteries and soldering starter kit
The timer project uses a dual 555 timer, which once started by pressing the button illuminates an LED until the desired time out period has elapsed when a buzzer is sounded.
The duration of both the delay and buzzer sound period can be determined by the student and are easily adjusted by PCB mounted potentiometers. This allows the board to be used for a variety of applications, such as an egg timer or a timer for a game (Max time period 200 seconds, max buzzer period 10 seconds).
- Adjustable delay and buzzer sound.
- Maximum time period: 200 seconds.
- Maximum buzzer time: 10 seconds.
Possible Applications Include:
- Egg timer.
- Timer for game.
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 1 x 4xAA Battery Cage with Clip.
- 1 x Miniature DPDT Slide Switch.
- 1 x Miniature Push to Make Switch, Red.
- 1 x NE556 Dual Timer IC.
- 1 x IC Socket 14 Pin.
- 1 x Piezo Buzzer (with Drive).
- 3 x Capacitor, Ceramic, 50V, 10nF.
- 2 x 100uF Cap Low Leakage.
- 2 x 10KΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 1MΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 330Ω Resistor.
- 1 x PCB trimmer 100k POT.
- 1 x PCB trimmer 1M POT.
- 1 x Red 5mm Diffused LED - 275mCd.
- 1 x Timer Project Kit PCB.
- PCB Length: 54mm.
- PCB Width: 46mm.
- 4 x AA Batteries.
This kit is supplied in a simple grip seal bag.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) here.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2104.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.