Please note: European delivery is temporarily disabled due to significant delays and other issues (Important info for EU customers)
This amplifier kit can output up to 15W per channel into a pair of high quality speakers. The kit is capable of producing a very loud, high quality stereo sound. The product includes all the components required to build the PCB, but not a power supply, speakers or cable to connect it to audio equipment. A complete version with the speakers, power supply and audio cable is available as a complete kit.
It features a power LED, on / off switch and volume control.
This kit includes:
- 1 x Printed circuit board
- 1 x TDA7297 audio amplifier IC
- 1 x Heat sink
- 1 x M3 nut and bolt
- 1 x 10Kohm dual potentiometer
- 2 x 47Kohm resistors
- 1 x 1Kohm resistor
- 1 x 1N5400 diode
- 1 x Blue LED
- 1 x 470uF capacitor, electrolytic
- 1 x 10uF capacitor, electrolytic
- 1 x 100nF capacitor, ceramic disc
- 2 x 220nF capacitor, ceramic disc
- 1 x Right angle PCB mounting power switch (high current)
- 3 x Two way terminal blocks
- 1 x Panel mounting DC power socket
PCB dimensions: 77.5mm x 59mm. Four mounting points are available, one in each corner.
This kit requires soldering.
Note: The heat sink will become hot when the amplifier is used at a high volume for long periods of time. For the heat sink to work at its best it should be mounted in a well ventilated case.
You may also wish to buy some of the following items: (if you are buying all of them then it will be cheaper to buy the version with all the parts)
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Find out which Kitronik Amp kit is right for you with this Amplifier Kit Comparison guide. There are seven kits included, and each amp has very unique features. Whether the...
Find out which Kitronik Amp kit is right for you with this Amplifier Kit Comparison guide. There are seven kits included, and each amp has...
Thank you for your question, we do sell two kinds of potentiometer knobs on the links below that should work with the volume control on this kit.
Thank you for your question, it could indeed be used for that purpose.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.