The Monk Makes Air Quality Kit for micro:bit is based around the Monk Makes Air Quality Sensor. This add-on for the microbit measures the quality of the air in a room - how stale the air is. The outputs of the Air Quality Sensor board are analogue: one for temperature and one for eCO2 (estimated carbon dioxide). These outputs can be read by a micro:bit and either displayed, for instance, as an air quality meter or logged over a period of time for all sorts of interesting experiments.
As well as the Air Quality Sensor itself, the kit also includes a set of alligator clip leads to connect it to the micro:bit and also a Speaker for micro:bit that can be connected to provide a warning of low air quality. A full-colour 24-page booklet of instructions is also included.
To measure both temperature and air quality, the Air Quality Sensor requires four connections to the micro:bit: GND and 3V (to supply it with power) and two of the other micro:bit rings for the temperature and eCO2 readings.
It does not matter which colours you use for the leads, but it is a good idea to stick to black for GND, red for 3V and any other colours for the other two leads. This just makes it less likely that you will accidentally connect power the wrong way around – although if you do make that mistake, don't worry, it won't damage the board.
- Please note that this kit does not contain a micro:bit. You can obtain a micro:bit separately here.
- Monitor the air quality and temperature of your surroundings.
- Create an air quality alarm.
- Learn how to capture readings via data logging and display the readings in a spreadsheet.
- A colour 24-page booklet of instructions is also included.
- The instructions cover Makecode Blocks and Makecode Python.
- Monk Makes Air Quality Sensor board for micro:bit.
- 10 x Alligator clip leads.
- Monk Makes - Powered speaker board for micro:bit.
- A full-colour 24-page booklet of instructions is also included.
- A micro:bit.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.