This MICS6814 3-in-1 gas sensor breakout enables the user to measure changes in the concentration of gases including carbon monoxide (CO), nitrogen dioxide (NO2), and ammonia (NH3). This is a Breakout Garden compatible I2C breakout.
The MICS6814 sensor comprises three semiconductor gas sensors in a single package and can detect three different groups of gases that are referred to in the datasheet as reducing, oxidising, and NH3. The major gases/vapours that the sensor detects are carbon monoxide (reducing), nitrogen dioxide (oxidising), and ammonia (NH3), but it is also sensitive to others, including hydrogen, ethanol, and hydrocarbons.
It can be used to make qualitative measurements of changes in gas concentrations, so you can tell broadly if the three groups of gases are increasing or decreasing in abundance. Without laboratory conditions or calibration, you won't be able to say "the concentration of carbon monoxide is n parts per million", for example. There's more info about the MICS6814 sensor and how it works in this Getting Started with Enviro+ tutorial.
This breakout uses a Nuvoton microcontroller which handles the I2C and analogue-digital conversion, as well as controlling the sensor's inbuilt heater and the user-controllable RGB LED. The LED could be used to indicate when the sensor is running or to notify you visually of gas concentration changes. It's Breakout Garden compatible, which means you can use it with any Breakout Garden HATs and pHATs - no soldering required!
It's useful for incorporating into indoor and outdoor air quality monitoring systems, especially if you're interested in monitoring agricultural and vehicle pollution levels.
- MICS6814 analog gas sensor (datasheet and FAQ)
- Nuvoton MS51XB9AE MCU
- RGB LED
- 2x M2.5 mounting holes
- I2C interface, with a default address of 0x19.
- 3V to 5V compatible
- Reverse polarity protection
- Raspberry Pi-compatible pinout (pins 1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- MICS6814 Gas Sensor Breakout
- 1 x (1x5) male header.
- 1 x (1x5) female right angle header.
- Length: 23mm.
- Width: 20mm.
- Height: 4mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.