Get started with the Raspberry Pi and electronics with the Project box 1 for Raspberry Pi. It contains everything you need for some hands-on physical computing fun.
The Project Box for Raspberry Pi contains all the components needed to work through 10 simple projects. It has been designed to be an ideal starting point for anyone new to electronics, physical computing, and the Raspberry Pi.
The Kit comes with an array of components, such as; switches, resistors, LEDs, and even a phototransistor and a thermister and more. Everything you need to complete the projects and a nice starting point for your own exploration of the world of physical computing.
The downloadable full-colour 40-page booklet acts as your guide for getting everything set up and then on to working through the projects. It covers everything from setting up the Pi to installing the required software and editor. Each of the projects has a diagram of the circuit and the code required with a description of how the code works. The guide was written by Simon Monk, author of the Raspberry Pi Cookbook and Programming Raspberry Pi.
This kit is designed for the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B and earlier bare-circuit-board versions of the Raspberry Pi computer. However, you can still use it with the Raspberry Pi 400, but it will be more difficult to identify the GPIO pins. Even though you cannot place the Raspberry Leaf over the GPIO pins, you can use it as a reference for when to connect the wires. You just need to count carefully along from one end of the connector to find the right pin.
- A Raspberry Pi is not included, one can be obtained here.
- You will need a Raspberry Pi with a recent version of the Raspberry Pi OS on it. The Raspberry Pi must also have a working internet connection in order to download and install the programs.
- A fun hands-on way to get started with the Raspberry Pi and electronics.
- It contains all the components needed to work through 10 simple projects.
- Designed for the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B and earlier bare-circuit-board versions of the Raspberry Pi computer.
- It can also be used with the Raspberry Pi 400.
- The downloadable 40-page full-colour guide walks you through all of the basic setup steps.
- Each of the projects has a diagram of the circuit and the code required with a description of how the code works.
- Once the 10 projects have been completed, the included components can be used for your further exploration of physical computing.
- 1 x Solderless breadboard.
- 1 x pack of female to male jumper wires.
- 1 x pack of male to male jumper wires.
- 1 x Raspberry Leaf GPIO pin template.
- 5 x 470Ω resistor (yellow, purple, brown stripes).
- 2 x 1kΩ resistor (brown, black, red).
- 4.7MΩ resistor (yellow, purple and green stripes).
- 330nF capacitor.
- 2 x Red LED – the longer lead is the + (positive) lead.
- 2 x Tactile push switch.
- 1 x Phototransistor.
- 1 x Thermistor.
- 1 x Buzzer.
- A Raspberry Pi 4 Model B or earlier Pi computer.
- It can also be used with the Raspberry Pi 400.
- A recent version of Raspberry Pi OS installed.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.