This Monk Makes Squid button for Raspberry Pi is a momentary non-latching switch with leads that terminate in female header sockets that fit over the GPIO pins on the Pi.
The button has a built-in resistor to protect against accidental damage to the Raspberry Pi. The resistor doesn't affect the switching action/performance of the switch but if the switch is accidentally connected across power connections, the Raspberry Pi will not be damaged.
To connect the button to a Raspberry Pi, connect one lead to ground (GND) and the other to GPIO 25. If you have a leaf template, this is easy to spot, and if not you can count along to the right pin. It doesn't matter which way around you connect the button, it will work the same in either configuration.
The squid button behaves exactly the same as any other button when connected between GND and a Raspberry Pi GPIO pin. The easiest way to use the button is to use the standard GPIO Zero Python library that assumes a switch between pin 25 and GND. See the instructions PDF for more details.
- A non-latching momentary switch designed for use with the Raspberry Pi.
- The leads terminate in female header sockets that can be pushed straight onto Raspberry Pi GPIO pins.
- It features a built-in resistor to protect the Pi from accidental damage.
- The easiest way to use the button is to use the standard GPIO Zero Python library.
- Full instructions can be found in the downloadable guide that covers both the squid button and the RGB squid LED.
- 1 x Monk Makes - Raspberry Pi - Squid Button - non-latching.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.