Buy locally from a partner
Make the Raspberry Pi Pico the core of your new robotics project with the Kitronik Compact Robotics Board for Raspberry Pi Pico.This Compact Robotics Board enables the Raspberry Pi Pico (connected via pin header) to drive 4 motors (or 2 stepper motors) and 8 servos. It also features 27 other I/O expansion points and Power and Ground connections.
The Robotics Board features 2 Dual H Bridge Motor Driver ICs. These are capable of driving 2 standard motors or 1 stepper motor each, with full forward, reverse, and stop control. There are also 8 servo outputs, capable of driving standard and continuous rotation servos. They can all be controlled by the Pico using the I2C protocol, via a 16 channel driver IC. The IO break out provides connections to all the unused pins on the Pico. The 27 available I/O pins allow other devices, such as sensors or ZIP LEDs, to be added to the board.
Power is provided via either a terminal block or servo style connector. The supply is then controlled by an on/off power switch to the board and there is also a green LED to indicate when the board has power. The board then produces a regulated 3.3V supply which is fed into the 3V and GND connections to power the connected Pico. This removes the need to power the Pico separately. The 3V and GND pins are also broken out on the header, which means external devices can also be powered.
To use the robotics board, the Pico should be firmly inserted into the dual row pin socket on the board. Ensure the Pico is inserted with the USB connector at the same end as the power connectors on the robotics board. This will allow access to all of the board functions and each pin broken out.
- A compact yet feature-packed board designed to sit at the heart of your Raspberry Pi Pico robotics projects.
- The board can drive 4 motors (or 2 stepper motors), with full forward, reverse, and stop control, and 8 servos.
- It also features 27 other I/O expansion points and Power and Ground connections.
- The I2C communication lines are also broken out allowing other I2C compatible devices to be controlled.
- This board also features an on/off switch and power status LED.
- Power the board via either a terminal block or servo style connector.
- The 3V and GND pins are also broken out to solder pads, allowing external devices to be powered.
- Code it with MicroPython or via an editor such as the Thonny editor.
- 1 x Kitronik Compact Robotics Board for Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Length: 68mm.
- Width: 56mm.
- Height: 10mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm.
- Example MicroPython code - GitHub repository.
- Get started with MicroPython on Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Raspberry Pi Pico frequently asked questions.
- More information on the Pico.
- About MicroPython.
- About Python.
- The Thonny editor.
- Raspberry Pi Pico Datasheet.
- RP2040 Datasheet.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
|Supply Voltage||3 - 10.8V|
|Number of Servo Channels||8|
|Number of Motor Channels||4 DC / 2 Stepper|
|Servo / Motor Voltage||Same as Supply Voltage|
|Max Continuous Current (all Servos an Motors)||12 Amps|
|Max Motor current||1.5A / Motor|
|Additional IO||26 (via solder pads)|
|Additional GND||8 (via solder pads)|
|Addional 3V3||7 (via solder pads)|
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.