Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik mini controller plus Pico W with headers
The Kitronik Mini Controller for Pico is a programmable controller for the Raspberry Pi Pico. It features a buzzer for audio feedback and 6 input buttons. It also breaks out; GP1, 2, 3, 4, 14, and 17, along with ADC1 and ADC2, and several 3.3V and GND pads, all on 0.1"/2.54mm pitch. The buttons are arranged in a typical Gamepad layout, with 4 directional buttons and two action buttons.
The controller has been designed to act as a remote control for the Kitronik Autonomous Robotics Platform (Buggy) for Pico but it can also be used for any Pico project/game that requires user input/control. This board does not include any type of screen, this helps to keep down the physical size, the cost and makes it an ideal solution for controlling robots & buggies where a screen is not really needed. If your project requires some visual feedback then the ZIP96 Retro Gamer for Pico may be a more suitable option.
To Use the Mini Controller the Pico needs to have soldered pin headers attached and be firmly inserted into the connector. The correct orientation for inserting the Pico is clearly marked on the PCB. A Raspberry Pi Pico W - Wireless with pre-soldered headers is available here. Note: The Pico pins will stick through the board slightly as the pin sockets are low-profile. Power is provided via the built-in AA battery holder on the underside of the board which accommodates 3 x AA batteries.
Kitronik has developed a micro-python module and sample code to support the use of the Mini Controller for Pico. This code is available in the GitHub repo.
- A programmable controller for the Raspberry Pi Pico.
- For use with the Raspberry Pi Pico W - Wireless with pre-soldered headers.
- It can be used as a remote control for the Kitronik Autonomous Robotics Platform (Buggy) for Pico.
- Also ideal for any Pico project/game that requires user input/control.
- This controller does not feature a screen, this keeps down the size, and cost, making it ideal for controlling buggies/robots, where a screen is not really needed.
- It features a buzzer for audio feedback, and 6 input buttons (4 direction buttons and 2 x action buttons).
- It also breaks out; GP1, 2, 3, 4, 14, and 17, along with ADC1 and ADC2, and several 3.3V and GND pads, all on 0.1"/2.54mm pitch.
- Kitronik has developed a micro-python module and sample code to support the use of the Mini Controller for Pico. This code is available here.
- 1 x Mini Controller for Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Length: 82.4mm.
- Width: 60mm.
- Height: 28.5.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
|Supply Voltage||3xAA (4.5V typical) or USB via Pico|
|Dimensions||60mm x 82.4mm, total height 28.5mm|
|Max Current (excluding Pico & buzzer)||4mA|
|Typical current in use (Normal use – Pico but buzzer off)||25mA|
|Typical current with Pico present & buzzer driven||80mA|
|Typical battery life (Pico powered, buzzer off)||60 hours|
|Number of Pin Breakouts||8 (6 x Digital GPIO, 2 x ADC, several 3.3V & GND)|
|Number of Buttons||6|
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.