Please note: European delivery is temporarily disabled due to significant delays and other issues (Important info for EU customers)
This Kitronik MI:pro Protector Case for the BBC micro:bit has been designed to work with both the original micro:bit V1 and the new micro:bit V2 and continues in the traditions of our earlier cases. The cases are designed to keep the micro:bit safe, fully useable, and to offer the freedom of not being tethered to a computer.
The case is available in 4 different colour options. They are; Clear, Blue, Green, and Orange. The colours don't only look great, they can be used to differentiate between different people's cases. Handy! All of the cases are identical in all other regards.
If a battery holder is attached to the back it can also can be stood neatly on a desk and it also features large and easy to read labels for the A and B buttons. This case provides full access to the bottom pins on the BBC micro:bit so the Edge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit can be used. One of the key features of the micro:bit is its physical size and this case has been designed with that in mind. It's as compact as we could make it, whilst still offering protection for the micro:bit.
The case is also supplied with a sticky fixer pad so that you can attach a battery holder to the rear of the case, such as can be found in our BBC micro:bit Starter Kit. When a battery holder is used, micro:bit projects can go wherever you go. Even with a battery holder attached, the case is still palm-sized and portable.
The case is easy to assemble and we have included a guide in PDF form that can be found at the foot of this product description.
- This case requires assembly, full instructions can be found in the resources section.
- The BBC micro:bit is NOT included. If you also require a BBC micro:bit, you can order a micro:bit V1 or a micro:bit V2.
- Provides excellent protection to the BBC micro:bit whilst allowing access to the bottom pins.
- Full access to the A and B buttons on the BBC micro:bit.
- Attach a battery cage to the rear of the case with the supplied sticky fixer.
- Full access to pins and connections including the micro USB connector.
- Clear case material shows the on-board LEDs in perfect clarity.
- The case is compatible with versions 1 and 2 of the micro:bit.
- When used in conjunction with a battery holder, micro:bit projects can be fully mobile.
- Available in 4 different colour options; Clear, Blue, Green, and Orange.
- 4 x M3 Cheese Head Nylon Machine Screw.
- 1 x Sticky Fixer Pad.
- 4 x M3 Nylon Full Nut.
- Laser-cut parts;
- 1 x Back Mounting Plate.
- 2 x Mid-layer Parts.
- 1 x Mid-layer Plate.
- 1 x Front Plate.
- Clear - 56102
- Blue - 56102-B
- Green - 56102-G
- Orange - 56102-O
- Length: 65mm.
- Width: 37mm.
- Depth (without screws): 12mm.
- Depth (with screws): 18.5mm.
- Flat-head Screwdriver.
- One of the following:
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.