Buy locally from a partner
The Kitronik :MOVE Line Following sensor board adds line following sensors to a project. The 2 LED/phototransistor sensors output an analogue voltage that can be read into a microprocessor’s ADC channel. Although designed for use with Kitronik :MOVE Motor for BBC micro:bit, this board can be used with other boards, such as; Arduino and Raspberry Pi Pico, as well as other micro:bit buggy/robot projects.
The board features the following connections; The 4-pin connections are on a standard 0.1” (2.54mm) pitch. The pins provide connections for power (3V and 0V) and 2 sensor outputs, marked L and R for the left and right sensors respectively.
The board requires a 3V - 5V (typically 3.3V) and a ground connection onto the pin header. These pins are marked on the board as 3V and 0V.
The sensor output voltage changes from the supply voltage to 0V as the sensors pass over light and dark surfaces. Different surfaces will reflect different amounts. A typical light surface will give a value of 0.5V for example. A typical dark surface will give a value of 2.5V (assuming a 3V VCC). The value in a program will depend on the processor's ADC range and width.
|Light.||Low Voltage ˜ 0V|
|Dark.||High Voltage ˜ 3V|
MakeCode online tutorial is available to show how the sensors can be used for line following. Although this tutorial is for :MOVE Motor, the same principles can be applied to other buggies/microcontrollers.
- Add line following to your micro:bit Robot/buggy.
- Can be attached directly to the underside of the :MOVE Motor.
- No Soldering is required.
- As used in the Kitronik :MOVE Motor for BBC micro:bit.
- Example line following code is provided in the datasheet and via a MakeCode online tutorial.
- Although designed for use with Kitronik :MOVE Motor for BBC micro:bit, this board can be used with other boards, such as; Arduino and Raspberry Pi Pico, as well as other micro:bit buggy/robot projects.
- 1 x :MOVE Line Following board for the BBC micro:bit.
- Length: 23.75mm.
- Width: 10.3mm.
- Pin Header Pitch: 2.54mm.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.