Buy locally from a partner
This fantastic new 'Electro-Fashion' range from Kitronik has been specially designed so that electronics can easily be used in textile applications; they allow lighting effects to be added to textiles designs without soldering.
The kits use 'conductive thread' which is a thread that can be used like cotton thread but conducts electricity like a wire.
This kit uses our own custom designed 'stitchable' coin cell holder. This has the benefit of large, easy to stitch connection points (no more difficult little holes!) and clearly marked terminals which show the battery polarity.
- Easily add lights to textiles projects.
- Easy to stitch connection points.
- Clearly marked battery polarity terminals.
- No soldering required.
- 1 x Coin Cell Holder.
- 2 x Flashing LEDs (Blue, Green, Red or Yellow).
- 1 x 2m Conductive Thread.
- 1 x CR2032 3V Coin Cell.
- Sewable Coin Cell Holder Length: 34mm.
- Sewable Coin Cell Holder Width: 20mm.
- Sewable Coin Cell Holder Height: 4.5mm.
- CR2032 Battery Height: 3.2mm.
- CR2032 Battery Diameter: 20mm.
- The coin cell holders in this pack contain Nickel and should not be used in designs where it will be in prolonged contact with the skin.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2702.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Coin cells should be kept out of the reach of small children as they are very dangerous if swallowed, when immediate medical intervention is required.
|All LED Lens Types||Water Clear.|
|Blue LED Viewing Angle||15 degrees.|
|Green LED Viewing Angle||30 degrees.|
|Red LED Viewing Angle||30 degrees.|
|Yellow LED Viewing Angle||30 degrees.|
|Blue LED Forward Voltage Drop||3V to 5V.|
|Blue LED Max Forward Current||20mA.|
|Blue LED Luminous Intensity||3500mCd (@20mA).|
|Green LED Forward Voltage Drop||3V to 5V.|
|Green LED Max Forward Current||20mA.|
|Green LED Luminous Intensity||4000mCd (@20mA).|
|Red LED Forward Voltage Drop||3V to 5V.|
|Red LED Max Forward Current||20mA.|
|Red LED Luminous Intensity||3500mCd (@20mA).|
|Yellow LED Forward Voltage Drop||5V.|
|Yellow LED Max Forward Current||20mA.|
|Yellow LED Luminous Intensity||3500mCd (@20mA).|
|CR2032 Battery Voltage||3V.|
|CR2032 Battery Capacity||200mA/h.|
|Conductive Thread Resistance||Approx 40 Ohms/m.|
|Conductive Thread Denier||18.|
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
These pictures or 'Electro Monster' puppets designed by the students in Miss Telford's year 7 electronics group at Kenilworth School and Sports College. Conductive fabric has been used on the the hands...
These pictures or 'Electro Monster' puppets designed by the students in Miss Telford's year 7 electronics group at Kenilworth School and Sports College. Conductive fabric has been...
The school used the Electro-Fashion sewable LED kit to produce a flashing LED band that can be worn as a decorative feature around your arm/ankle or as a warning device...
The school used the Electro-Fashion sewable LED kit to produce a flashing LED band that can be worn as a decorative feature around your arm/ankle...
Looking for a nice and easy way of introducing lighting effects to textiles designs? Our new Electro-Fashion Sewable Light Kits include 2m of conductive thread (which sews like normal thread but conducts...
Looking for a nice and easy way of introducing lighting effects to textiles designs? Our new Electro-Fashion Sewable Light Kits include 2m of conductive thread (which sews...
DescriptionMake this fun Zippi Doll from scratch with LED eyes which light up when it is held upright.Learn how to:Use a standard LED in a soft circuitCreate a circuit using...
DescriptionMake this fun Zippi Doll from scratch with LED eyes which light up when it is held upright.Learn how to:Use a standard LED in a...
The kit contains 2m of conductive thread, a coin cell holder and coin cell and two LED’s. However you would only be able to power around 5-6 LED’s using the coin cell battery, and these would need to be split equally either side of the coin cell holder.
You'd need a latching switch like this one. A latching switch stays on when pressed once and turns off when pressed again. Alternatively you could use an electrofashion push switch that stays on only while held down. This has the advantage of prolonging battery life as you can't forget to switch it off.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.