This fantastic new Electro-Fashion kit from Kitronik has been specially designed so that electronics can easily be used in textile applications - without soldering!
The kit includes conductive thread (which is a thread that can be used like cotton thread but conducts electricity like a wire), our own custom designed Sewable Coin Cell Holder, one coin cell battery, and two ultra slim, pre-mounted, easy sew E-Textile LEDs.
The coin cell holder has the benefit of large, easy-to-stitch connection points (no more difficult little holes!) and clearly marked terminals that show the battery polarity.
The LEDs are less than 3mm tall and are also clearly marked with '+' and '-' to indicate which is the positive and which is the negative connection. The PCBs are double sided, making the conductive thread connection very reliable (see example picture below).
- Ultra Slim Sewable LEDs.
- Easily add lights to textiles projects.
- Easy-to-stitch connection points.
- Clearly marked '+' and '-' connections..
- No soldering required.
- 1 x Coin Cell Holder.
- 2 x Electro-Fashion® LEDs (Blue, Green, Red or White).
- 1 x 2m Conductive Thread.
- 1 x CR2032 3V Coin Cell.
- Sewable Coin Cell Holder Length: 34mm.
- Sewable Coin Cell Holder Width: 20mm.
- Sewable Coin Cell Holder Height: 4.5mm.
- LED Length: 15mm.
- LED Width: 6.5mm.
- LED Height: 2.7mm.
- CR2032 Battery Height: 3.2mm.
- CR2032 Battery Diameter: 20mm.
For illustration only, not actual components provided.
- The coin cell holders in this pack contain Nickel and should not be used in designs where it will be in prolonged contact with the skin.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) here.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2735.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Coin cells should be kept out of the reach of small children as they are very dangerous if swallowed, when immediate medical intervention is required.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Looking for a nice and easy way of introducing lighting effects to textiles designs? Our new Electro-Fashion Sewable Light Kits include 2m of conductive thread (which sews like normal thread but conducts...
Looking for a nice and easy way of introducing lighting effects to textiles designs? Our new Electro-Fashion Sewable Light Kits include 2m of conductive thread (which sews...
or is it acceptable to cover it so it can be sold on safely.
Hi, as long as it's covered it's fine. Some people have a nickel allergy which can cause a skin rash from prolonged contact.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.