Kitronik Mono Amplifier Kit plus batteries
Kitronik Mono Amplifier Kit plus batteries and soldering starter kit
The Mono Amp Kit with power switch and status LED adds some new features to our already best selling mono amp kit. This version of the mono amp also features an on board on/off switch and also a handy status LED that can lead to longer battery life without the need to remove batteries from the cage when not in use.
It uses an NCP2890 audio amplifier IC which can output 1.0W of power. The NCP2890 is an audio power amplifier designed for portable communication device applications such as mobile phone applications and PDAs. The IC also features an onboard “Pop and Click” at startup and close down Noise Protection Circuit. The PCB is supplied with this component already surface mount soldered to the underside of the board, as can be seen in the product photographs.
The kit is supplied with a pre-built jack cable, an 8ohm 66mm speaker, and a AA battery pack and can run off any voltage from 2.5 to 5.5 Volts (Absolute Maximum 6V). For a full list of parts, see the Contents section below.
This Amplifier Kit can be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players, making it an ideal kit choice for an amplifier case design project.
- Great value electronic project kit.
- Works with any stereo equipment, including computers, phones, and tablets that can accept the jack lead.
- The board features an on/off switch which can serve to vastly increase battery life.
- There is also a power LED so you can quickly see if the board has been powered down or not.
- The boards small size and list of features makes it the perfect choice for an enclosure design project.
- 1 x 15KΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 150Ω Resistor.
- 1 x 100KΩ Resistor.
- 1 x Ceramic Disk Capacitor 100nF.
- 2 x Capacitor, Electrolytic, 50V, 1uF.
- 1 x 3.5mm Mono Jack Lead, 50cm length.
- 1 x 8Ω 66mm Speaker.
- 1 x AA battery Cage with Leads.
- 1 x Miniature PCB mount slide switch.
- 1 x Green 5mm LED.
- 1 x Mono Amplifier PCB
- PCB Length: 45.5mm.
- PCB Width: 35.5mm.
- PCB Height: 1.6mm.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2173.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Since its launch, the Kitronik Mono Amp has been one of our most popular kits, especially in the classroom. It’s quick and easy to build and delivers great results. It...
Since its launch, the Kitronik Mono Amp has been one of our most popular kits, especially in the classroom. It’s quick and easy to build...
Find out which Kitronik Amp kit is right for you with this Amplifier Kit Comparison guide. There are seven kits included, and each amp has very unique features. Whether the...
Find out which Kitronik Amp kit is right for you with this Amplifier Kit Comparison guide. There are seven kits included, and each amp has...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.