Kitronik Wireless Steady Hand Game plus 9V battery
With this steady hand game the connection from the loop to the board is made by the body of the person using the game, hence why it is called a wireless steady hand game. If the loop touches the wire track then a buzzer sounds for about a second (no matter how brief the touch). The circuit uses a hex buffer IC to detect the change in resistance when contact it made and the same buffer IC with an RC network keeps the buzzer on for the given time.
For a pack of 24 the solid cable is supplied on a reel with the remaining parts being individually bagged, for the individual kits a length of cable is provided.
Requires a PP3 battery which is available separately.
This kit contains:
- 1x 10M resistor
- 1x 470K resistor
- 1x 1uF capacitor
- 1x 1N4148 diode
- 1x 16 pin IC holder
- 1x Hex inverter buffer
- 1x PCB mount Piezo sound (with drive)
- 1x PP3 Clip lead
- 0.5m connecting wire
- 1m of tinned copper wire from a reel
PCB dimensions: 57mm x 27mm.
Requires a 9V PP3 battery, available separately.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) here.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2140-01.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.