This is a high quality 0.8mm Flexible Birch Plywood sheet (laserply) produced in Finland which is suitable for a wide range of applications and is suitable for laser cutting. It is bendy and can be flexed to create curved designs.
This is BR 'veneer' grade Birch Plywood. This is similar to B grade material, with knots that would typically not exceed 7mm to 8mm in diameter. It shows the natural look of the wood and will show natural colour variations. These thinner plywoods are used in specialist applications and tend to have a slightly higher quality feel. The surface of the material is sanded to a smoother finish than that that of most plywoods.
This plywood uses an EN314-2 Class 1 glue which is suitable for interior (dry) conditions. Interior glue is generally considered the preferred option for materials that are to be laser cut. We use interior glues because exterior glues can cause a more obvious 'burnt' look on and around the area that is cut.
This material is PEFC certified.
- High quality (laserply) material with a smoother surface than typical plywood.
- PEFC Certified (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification).
- Interior grade glue.
- 3 ply plywood.
- 1 x 0.8mm BR Grade Birch Laser Plywood (laserply), 600mm x 400mm Sheet.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 400mm.
- Height: 0.8mm.
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of plywood sheets are the stated thickness +/-10%. This means a 0.8mm plywood sheet could be between 0.72mm and 0.88mm in thickness.
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to plywood, and in some cases a twist. We have measured curvature in excess of 30mm rise between the flat center of the plywood and the corner, therefore if using on a laser cutter these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
- Some sheets of this product may have a material origin ink stamp. As sheets are stored stacked there can be some transfer of the ink from one sheet to another and as a result the ink mark may appear on both sides. If required the mark can be quickly removed with fine sandpaper.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, wooden boxes, HIPS and MDF sheet orders (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order (most UK locations).
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, HIPs, wooden boxes, and MDF sheets (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) a large materials charge applies per order.
- This is £6.50 (£7.80 including VAT) for most UK locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT) for Northern Ireland and £18.00 (£21.60 including VAT) for UK remote locations.
- For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
We do not cut the material here but we can request custom cuts from the supplier. If we do that we need to hit Minimum Order Quantities with the supplier so it would not be something we could do for a single sheet.
Thank you for your email, I am sorry but we can only sell the sheets in the sizes online. We do not have the facilities to cut them down here unfortunately.
How much light would again depend on the LED and it's distance from the material. I tested this with white LEDs and I suspect other colour LEDs would struggle more.
Hi Heather, I have checked the sheet for flexibility, as you can see from the video on the product page it flexes across the width very well. It can also flex length ways, however you can only flex it this way around 20-30% of the amount you can width ways. I hope this helps.
I’ve just had a look at the 0.8mm BR grade birch and there is quite a bit of colour variation within that product let alone comparing it to another product, some sheets match exactly probably as they were cut from the same log, but others are different shades. I don’t think you can expect them to match.
At the moment the biggest sheet size is 600 x 400mm and we don’t currently have any plans to do a bigger sheet size. We could get material cut to order, but there would be a big minimum order quantity in the order of hundreds of sheets which means for most people it isn’t really viable.
The answer to your questions are as follows: 1, unfortunately this product comes in pre-cut to us from our supplier, and as such this is currently the largest sheet size we can obtain. 2, the plywood doesn’t have a coating to protect it from the elements, as such without any protection it wouldn’t with stand being outdoors, even with protection it is difficult to determine how the products properties would change. 3, we wouldn’t be able to offer sponsorship for this exhibition, we have a limited budget for this and we have already used this for this current year. I apologise that we are unable to help with your project.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.