3mm Mirror, Coloured Extruded Acrylic Sheet from Perspex measures 600mm x 400mm. The surface of the sheet has a mirror finish.
Shatter proof, marr-resistant and 17x stronger than glass, they can be used indoors for decoration or outdoors in the garden.
As acrylic mirrors are more flexible than glass they must be fixed to a flat wall/surface. If you are fitting it to a wall which is not flat, it is best to fit it first to something rigid such as a piece of MDF.
- High gloss surface.
- Very low light transmission.
- Easily laser cut, drilled and thermoformed.
Coloured Mirror, Extruded Acrylics sheets have many applications such as point of sale, model making, signs, artistic and architectural installation, casings, etc.
Working with Acrylic acrylic sheets:
Acrylic from Perspex is a versatile material that can be cut, drilled, laser cut and thermoformed.
Acrylic is a thermoplastic which means that when it is heated above 140-180°C it becomes flexible. This allows the material to be formed into the required shape or bent. Once the material cools below 85°C it becomes rigid again.
Acrylic sheets are often shaped using a CNC router or laser cutter. The edge of laser cut Acrylic has a pleasing polished look. If you look carefully at the edge of a piece of laser cut Acrylic you can often see slight vertical lines that are caused by the pulses a laser uses when cutting.
If you want to get a perfectly smooth finish on the edge of piece of machined Acrylic a polishing technique can be used. Typical polishing techniques include diamond polishing and flame polishing.
It also possible to etch the surface of a Acrylic sheet using a laser cutter. This can produce some very pleasing visual effects. The Acrylic sheets have a protective film on both faces. If you are etching the material then this should be removed from the surface that is to be etched. If you are just laser cutting then this film can be left in place (if you wish) as it does not create any harmful gases when it is laser cut (unlike PVC).
More detailed information and resources on working with Acrylic and Perspex can be found in our resource section.
- 1 x Coloured Mirror, Extruded Acrylic Sheet 3mm x 600mm x 400mm.
Colour reference code:
- Red: 1310.
- Purple: 1020.
- Gold: 1300.
- Bronze: 1600.
- Green: 4674.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 400mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (nominal).
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of extruded acrylic sheets are the stated thickness +/-5%. This means a 3mm acrylic sheet could be between 2.85mm and 3.15mm in thickness.
- Physical properties of Perspex.
- We have a range of guides that explain techniques for working with Acrylic and Perspex. These can be found under the 'Resources' tab.
- Manufactured by Plaskolite
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood and MDF sheet orders (excluding A4 size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order (most UK locations).
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood and MDF sheets (except A4 size) a large materials charge applies per order.
- This is £6.50 (£7.80 including VAT) for most UK locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT) for Northern Ireland and £18.00 (£21.60 including VAT) for UK remote locations.
- For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Thank you for your email, this can be cut on a laser cutter provided you face the mirror side down in the laser so it does not reflect it back up.
I want to know witch kind of glue I have to use to paste perspex sheet with wood sheet ?
Thanks, best regards.
Thank you for your email, I would be very cautious with glues on the mirrored sheets as most glues will slightly melt the acrylic to create the strong bond. Obviously if you do this on the mirror backing this can melt the mirror section.
You probably want to be using something like a polycement but I would recommend testing it on a small piece first to ensure it does not damage the backing.
For example if needed could you do 1200 x 450 sheets?
Please call me to discuss
Many thanks for the query.
We only sell the sizes on the website, we do not cut to size.
Thank you for your question, I am afraid not, we can only supply the sheets in the sizes online.
We are looking to buy this bronze acrylic to make medals using the laser cutter.
The photo doesn't seem very clear, the product doesn't look very bronze?
Do you have a better image of what the bronze acrylic looks like?
Hi Emma, As the sheets come into us with a protective film on it isn’t possible for us to take photos here without removing the film. As such the photo on our website is from the supplier direct. It is likely that with this product being a mirrored finish it will alter the way the material looks in different light, as such the colour you have mentioned may appear slightly different in different contidions.
Unfortunately we are not able to offer a cutting service. You might be able to find a local hack or maker space that would cut the material for you in return for a donation.
I've just started my own sml business doing wedding favours and cake toppers.
With the mirrored perspex do you need to engrave from the back?
With all mirrored Perspex you would need to cut this mirror side down so that the laser doesn’t get reflected off the mirrored surface. If you were to engrave the back you would remove the mirrored finish on the sheet and as such you wouldn’t have a mirrored effect on the engraved section.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.