Kitronik Solar Garden Light Kit plus starter soldering kit
The solar garden light is an interesting project that uses sustainable energy to illuminate a white LED. During the day the solar panel charges an AA battery, then when it goes dark the board automatically switches from charging the battery to illuminating the LED.
The solar panel is resin encapsulated and therefore waterproof. You will need to make a waterproof enclosure for the rest of the parts. Alternatively the board has been shaped so that it will fit into an old jar.
- Waterproof solar panel.
- Automatically switches on when dark.
- 1 x Solar Cell (60mm by 60mm).
- 1 x Rechargeable Battery 900mA/h.
- 1 x 22ohm Resistor.
- 1 x 330ohm Resistor.
- 1 x 1Kohm Resistor.
- 1 x 10Kohm Resistor.
- 1 x 100Kohm Resistor.
- 2 x 1nF Ceramic Disc Capacitor.
- 1 x Wide White 5mm Water Clear LED.
- 2 x BC337 NPN Transistor.
- 1 x AA Battery Holder, PCB Mounting.
- 2 x 470uH Inductors.
- 1 x BAT41 Diode.
- 0.5m Connecting Wire (For Solar Cell).
- 1 x Solar Garden Light PCB.
- Length: 56mm.
- Width: 44mm.
- Click here to download the essential information.
- Click here to download the full teaching resources.
This kit is supplied in a blister retail packaging. It is also available in a simple grip seal bag and bulk quantities for more details on this version click here.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.