Note: Although this version of the kit in retail packaging is no longer available, the Record & Playback kit is still available in a grip seal bag here.
This record and playback kit allows a short (10 second) message to be recorded and played back at the push of a button. There is one button to play the message and another to re-record the message which can be done over and over again.
The board includes a status LED which indicates that recording is in progress or that playback has completed. Both the speaker and microphone are PCB mounted so the only flying leads are for the battery holder which takes 2 x AA batteries.
The recorded message is kept in non-volatile memory and is kept until it is overwritten, regardless of the kit being switched off.
Because the module shuts down when it is not in use the batteries will last a very long time. An interface connector is available for more advanced users that wish to access the control signals.
- Interface connector which allows some of the more advanced options of the IC to be accessed.
- Connection of remote (off board) switches for record & playback.
- Access to the pins to part play a message or to use the looped play option.
- Control by a micro-controller (for example Arduino or PIC) if required.
- Access to the audio output signal, which can be used with a more powerful amplifier if required.
- 2 x 1K Resistor 5%.
- 2 x 4.7K Resistor 5%.
- 1 x 100K Resistor 5%.
- 1 x 1nF Ceramic Disc Capacitor.
- 3 x 100nF Ceramic Disc Capacitor.
- 1 x 16V 220uF Electrolytic Capacitor.
- 1 x 4.7uF Electrolytic Capacitor.
- 1 x 5mm Red LED.
- 2 x 6mm PCB Mount Switch.
- 1 x 14 Pin IC Holder.
- 1 x ISD1820 Record & Playback IC.
- 1 x PCB Mount Microphone.
- 1 x 8ohm PCB Mount Speaker.
- 1 x Battery Holder With Leads (2x AA).
- 1 x Record playback PCB.
This kit is supplied in a blister retail packaging. It is also available in a simple grip seal bag and bulk quantities for more details on this version click here.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.