Version 2 of our Mono Amplifier Kit can be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players.
It uses an LM386 audio amplifier IC which can output 1.25W of power.
The kit is supplied with a pre-built jack cable and a PP3 battery clip, and can run off any voltage from 4 to 12 Volts (Absolute Maximum 15V).
- Great value electronic project kit.
- Works with any stereo equipment.
- 2 x Electrolytic Capacitor, 25V, 100uF.
- 1 x Ceramic Capacitor, 50V, 47nF.
- 2 x 10R Resistor.
- 1 x 4K7 Resistor.
- 1 x LM386 Pre-amplifier.
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 1 x 3.5mm Mono Jack Lead, 50cm length.
- 1 x 8 ohm 66mm Speaker.
- 1 x IC Socket 8 Pin.
- 1 x MP3 Mono Amplifier V2.0.
- PCB Length: 45.5mm.
- PCB Width: 35.5mm.
- Either: 12V wall power unit.
- Or: GP Alkaline PP3 Battery.
- Soldering Iron.
- Wire Cutters.
- Wire Strippers.
- Click here to download the essential information.
- Click here to download the full teaching resources.
- LM386 Datasheet.
- Autodesk Files.
- Cutting Files for our Mono Amp Case.
- Please note if using 2D Design the .dxf file can be opened by using File -> Import.
- The mono amp case cutting data files are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Click here to find out more about Autodesk.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Hi Sophie, Unfortunately we have never tried this amplifier with a fabric speaker. In theory it may work, as this kit is an amplifier kit and would work in a standard project for amplifying an input.
Hi, Unfortunately as this isn’t a kit that we have developed we can’t confirm if this amp kit would be suitable. You would need to find out what amplifier is used in that kit and then find one that is equvilent.
Hi Emily, The easiest way to do this is to connect the power to the following kit, https://www.kitronik.co.uk/2112-light-activated-switch.html then connect the output of this kit to the power of the mono amp kit. This would then mean when it went dark or light (depending on how you connected it) the mono amp would then be on. You could also connect headphones to the amp kit but you would need to ensure impedance rating is 8ohms or higher.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.