Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik Mono Amplifier Kit V3 plus 2 x AA batteries
Kitronik Mono Amplifier Kit V3 plus starter soldering kit and 2 x AA batteries
Version 3 is the newest version of our best selling Mono Amplifier Kit that can be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players, making it an ideal kit choice for an amplifier case design project.
It uses an NCP2890 audio amplifier IC which is pre-mounted on the underside of the board (see image below) and can output 1.0W of power. The NCP2890 is an audio power amplifier designed for portable communication device applications such as mobile phone applications and PDAs. The IC also features an onboard “Pop and Click” at startup and closedown Noise Protection Circuit.
The kit is supplied with a pre-built jack cable, an 8ohm 66mm speaker, and a AA battery pack and can run off any voltage from 2.2 to 5.5 Volts (Absolute Maximum 6V). For a full list of parts, see the Contents section below.
Previous versions of this amp included a PP3 power connection and were designed to operate around 9V, V3.0 has been designed for use with 2 x AA batteries. There are several advantages to using AA batteries over PP3, they include; AA batteries are much cheaper, more readily available and will also last significantly longer than PP3 batteries, anything up to ten times longer.
- Great value electronic project kit.
- Works with any stereo equipment, including computers, phones, and tablets that can accept the jack lead.
- 1 x 15K Resistor.
- 1 x 100K Resistor.
- 1 x Ceramic Disk Capacitor 100nF.
- 2 x Capacitor, Electrolytic, 50V, 1uF.
- 1 x 3.5mm Mono Jack Lead, 50cm length.
- 1 x 8 ohm 66mm Speaker.
- 1 x AA battery Cage with Leads.
- 1 x Mono Amplifier PCB with pre-installed NCP2890 audio amplifier IC.
- PCB Length: 44.5mm.
- PCB Width: 35.5mm.
- PCB Height: 1.6mm.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.