Buy locally from a partner
The Kitronik LED Strip Kit offers a great way to learn basic electronics. Once built, it offers a great platform for designing custom enclosures for low-power lighting. The kit includes 4 LEDs, an on/off switch, and a PCB which has a shared current limiting resistor and USB connector already mounted to the board. Only the 4 x LEDs and the on/off switch need to be soldered by the user.
The board is powered via the pre-mounted micro USB power connector. The circuit has been designed so that it is within the supply rating of a computer USB port (under 100mA). This means you can power it conveniently from a computer/laptop or a suitable power supply.
The board is approximately 53mm long and features a single mounting hole. The power switch and USB sit at opposing ends of the board. The on/off switch can be connected to the board with wire to allow for remote mounting in an enclosure. This kit is suited to Design and Technology projects where an electronics element is required.
- Learn how to construct a low-power (under 100mA) lighting solution, ideal for use in a custom enclosure.
- The kit includes 4 LEDs, an on/off switch, and a PCB which has a shared current limiting resistor and USB connector already mounted to the board.
- Only the 4 x LEDs and the on#off switch need to be soldered by the user.
- Power it conveniently from a computer/laptop or a suitable power supply as well as via pads for connecting an alternative 5V power supply.
- Ideal for Design and Technology projects where an electronics element is required.
- Its discreet size and thoughtful layout make it easy to design an enclosure around.
- It features a single M3 (3.3mm) mounting hole.
- 4 x White 5mm water clear LED - 140 degree - 3000 mCd.
- 1 x Miniature PCB mount slide switch.
- 1 x PCB with a pre-mounted USB connector and current limiting resistor.
- Length: 53.5mm.
- Width: 8mm.
- Height: 10mm.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2176.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.