This fantastic new ‘Electro-Fashion’ range from Kitronik has been specially designed so electronics can be used in textiles. They allow lighting effects to be added to textiles designs without soldering.
The kits use ‘conductive thread’ which is a thread that can be used like cotton thread but conducts like a wire.
The sewable LED bulk pack provides enough parts for 60 students and works out at
The bulk pack includes:
- 60 sewable/stitchable coin cell holder
- 60 CR2032 lithium coin cells
- 4 reels of conductive thread each 50 yards long.
- 25 blue flashing LEDs
- 25 red flashing LEDs
- 25 yellow flashing LEDs
- 25 green flashing LEDs
- 10 colour changing LED
This kit uses our own custom designed 'stitchable' coin cell holder. This has the benefit of large, easy to stitch connection points (no more difficult little holes!) and clearly marked terminals which show the battery polarity.
For more information and examples showing you how to use these parts in a e-textiles design visit our dedicated e-textiles section.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Coin cells should be kept out of the reach of small children as they are very dangerous if swallowed, when immediate medical intervention is required.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
The reason for this is that you can only use 1 colour changing LED per coin cell. This is due to how much current it draws when making certain colours, if you have two or more it wouldn’t be able to make these certain colours and the LED would just reset to the start of the cycle. This means there are enough LED’s for 50 students to have 2 flashing LED’s and 10 students to have 1 colour changing LED’s.
l electro-fashion sewable LED kits which would be perfect to test it with a small group.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.