Buy locally from a partner
This wearable module is ideal for all of your e-textiles project needs including adding the endless possibilities of programming to your wearable projects!
This PICAXE wearable module offers an easy introduction to the world of wearables. The board can be used to read inputs such as switches and sensors. You can also control outputs like LEDs, buzzers to add another dimension to your next wearable project!
It is packed full of features and like all of our Electro-Fashion PCBs is double sided and has large connection points for the conductive thread making the connection very reliable. You can use Miniature Crocodile Clip Leads for prototyping
On-board there is a PICAXE 14M2 programmable IC, a dimmable white LED, a momentary push switch, a 3.5mm stereo socket for ease of programming, and a JST connector for attaching a battery pack. It can be powered either by the JST connector, or the clearly marked '+' and '-' connections via conductive thread, from a power source between 3V and 5.5V.
There are three different ways you can connect a portable power supply to the Igloo including using a 2xAAA Battery Cage with JST Connector, a Sewable Coin Cell Holder or an E-Textiles Polymer Lithium Ion Battery (3.7V, 110mAh). You could also use a Polymer Lithium Ion Battery with a JST Connector as an alternative (Please note: The Igloo doesnot have a built-in charging circuit).
There are also 6 sewable I/O pins, making this a really versatile control board. Pins C0, C1, B5, B4, B3, B2 (the on-board LED) have Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) and Pins C0, C4, B5, B4, B3 have built in Analogue-to-Digital Conversion (ADC).
Pull-down resistors have been included on the board for pins C0, C1 and C4 so that you can easily use those pins with switches from our Electro-Fashion range.
The board can be programmed via the official PICAXE software in BASIC or flowcharts or in Blockly to make programming accessible even to complete beginners. PICAXE also have their own stand-alone Blockly software that works with Igloo. Just download the free software from our PICAXE section of our website and connect the board to a PC via a PICAXE USB download cable.
Please note: other Kitronik products are included in this video.
- Built in PICAXE 14M2 programmable IC.
- On-board dimmable white LED.
- On-board switch.
- 6 sewable I/O pins.
- JST connector and sewable '+' and '-' pads.
- 3.5mm stereo jack for programming.
- Low profile and compact size.
- 1 x Electro-Fashion: Igloo, PICAXE wearable module.
- Length: 40mm.
- Width: 40mm.
- Height: 7mm.
Suitable Power Sources include:
- Either: Electro-Fashion, Sewable Coin Cell Holder.
- Or: 2xAAA Battery Cage with JST Connector.
- Or: E-Textiles Polymer Lithium Ion Battery (3.7V, 110mAh).
- Or: Electro-Fashion, Latching Switch Coin Cell Holder.
- Compatible LEDs.
- Electro-Fashion, Sewable 5mm LED Holder, pack of 10.
- Electro-Fashion, LED Board, White.
- Electro-Fashion, LED Board, Blue.
- Electro-Fashion, LED Board, Red.
- Electro-Fashion, LED Board, Green.
- Electro-Fashion, LED Board, Sakura (Lilac).
- Electro-Fashion, Latching Switch.
- Electro-Fashion, Push Button Switch.
- Electro-Fashion, Tilt Switch.
- Electro-Fashion, Slide Switch.
- Electro-Fashion, Magnetic Switch.
- Tutorial 1: Getting Started with Igloo: 'Hello World'.
- Tutorial 2: Momentary Switch.
- Tutorial 3: Blink - External Digital Output.
- Tutorial 4: Fading LED - Pulse Width Modulation.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
This is a tutorial for Igloo, the Sewable PICAXE wearable module from Kitronik. Tutorial 1: 'Hello World' Learning Outcomes: Learn how to flash an LED on the Electro-Fashion: Igloo PICAXE...
This is a tutorial for Igloo, the Sewable PICAXE wearable module from Kitronik. Tutorial 1: 'Hello World' Learning Outcomes: Learn how to flash an LED...
This is a video tutorial for Igloo, the Sewable PICAXE wearable module from Kitronik. This tutorial demonstrates how to use the on-board push button switch as a momentary switch to...
This is a video tutorial for Igloo, the Sewable PICAXE wearable module from Kitronik. This tutorial demonstrates how to use the on-board push button switch...
This is a video tutorial for Igloo, the Sewable PICAXE wearable module from Kitronik. Tutorial 3: Blink - External Digital Output This tutorial demonstrates how to use an Igloo PICAXE...
This is a video tutorial for Igloo, the Sewable PICAXE wearable module from Kitronik. Tutorial 3: Blink - External Digital Output This tutorial demonstrates how...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.