Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik Pen lifter add-on plus Autonomous Buggy
Get creative with the Pen Lifter add-on for the Autonomous Robotics Platform. This add-on allows you to take full advantage of the pen hole in the Kitronik Autonomous Robotics Platform (Buggy) for Pico.
Once fitted, the add-on allows you to control when the pen is in use with code. The assembly holds the pen firmly in place and the supplied servo can be used to raise and lower the pen. This will allow the user to create complex patterns without any unsightly travel marks.
The kit comprises a set of 3 laser cut parts, a single 180-degree servo, a rubber band, and the fixings required to put it together. The kit requires no soldering but there is some simple mechanical assembly. The kit is supplied with a booklet that walks the user through the assembly.
We have also created an online guide, with MicroPython code, to help you get up and running straight away. You can copy the code from the page and paste it straight into your code editor software. The guide assumes that you will be using Thonny, but you can use any suitable editor that you feel more comfortable with. We recommend Thonny as it is a full-featured beginner-friendly coding environment.
- This kit is NOT supplied with a pen.
- No soldering is required but there is some simple mechanical assembly.
- This kit is intended for use with the Kitronik Autonomous Robotics Platform (Buggy) for Pico and the Raspberry Pi Pico. Available separately via the links.
- Add a pen to the Autonomous Robotics Platform (Buggy) for Pico that can be raised or lowered with code.
- Draw complex shapes without unsightly 'travel' lines.
- This add-on is supplied with full assembly instructions.
- We have also created an online guide, with MicroPython code, to help you get up and running straight away.
- A full list of related guides can be found in the resources section below.
- 1 x 180-degree servo.
- 3 x 10mm Pan Head M3 Machine Screw.
- 1 x 12mm Counter sunk M3 screw.
- 1 x M3 Hex Nut.
- 1 x Set of laser-cut parts (3 pieces).
- 1 x Rubber band.
- 1 x Kitronik Autonomous Robotics Platform (Buggy) for Pico.
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Pico (with headers installed).
- 1 x Small cross-head screwdriver.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
If you are new to the Pico, and Python development, check out Raspberry Pi's guide to get you startedKitronik have also written a First Steps Tutorial to get you started using the Pico with the...
If you are new to the Pico, and Python development, check out Raspberry Pi's guide to get you startedKitronik have also written a First Steps Tutorial to get you...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.