KS2 D&T Course 8 July 2016 Highgate School:This practical training day will facilitate the development of a successful KS2 Design and Technology scheme of work that covers the National Curriculum by providing challenging, motivational and stimulating project ideas. In particular the course will:
- Demonstrate a range of D&T ideas and projects which can be.
- implemented as complete Schemes of Work.
- used as ‘after school club’ activities.
- used as enrichment STEM activities.
- Provide colleagues with confidence when using a range of hand tools and equipment.
- Increase understanding of D&T methodology, differentiation and application.
- Explain and demonstrate how D&T can link to other subjects in the curriculum.
- Provide a completely supportive and non-threatening learning environment for colleagues attending.
Course Presenter - Andy Thomson Andy has experience of both the independent and state educational environments. He displays an outstanding level of commitment and drive for the subject and has developed a department that is at the forefront of emerging technologies. Andy teaches at least one class in every year group from Year 3 all the way up to Year 13 which allows him the unique opportunity of understanding exactly what is happening in each Key Stage and to also practise exactly what he preaches. Andy’s passion and love of the subject is not limited to Highgate School, he is a true believer in outreach and has developed strong relationships with schools all over the country, spending some of his holiday teaching and sharing his knowledge and skills with teachers and pupils at other schools.
Further Information And Booking Details:
- By Phone: 01823 413313
- By email: email@example.com
- Online: www.rta-training.co.uk
- Training Day Details.
©Kitronik Ltd – You may print this page & link to it, but must not copy the page or part thereof without Kitronik's prior written consent.