Add an 8 megapixel Sony IMX219 infrared image sensor custom designed add-on board to your Raspberry Pi, featuring a fixed focus lens, with the Raspberry Pi Camera v2.1 – NoIR.
The NoIR Camera has No InfraRed (NoIR) filter on the lens which makes it perfect for doing Infrared photography and taking pictures in low light (twilight) environments. The Pi NoIR gives you everything the regular Camera Module offers, with one difference: it does not employ an infrared filter. (NoIR = No Infrared filter.) This means that pictures you take by daylight will look decidedly curious, but it gives you the ability to see in the dark with infrared lighting.
The camera can take static images of up to 3280 x 2464 pixels. If shooting video, the camera has support for 1080p30, 720p60 and640x480p60/90. The board may be small, but it packs quite a punch.
We bundle a little square of blue gel with the Pi NoIR, which you can use with the camera to monitor the health of green plants. The Pi NoIR is very popular among wildlife hobbyists: with a few infrared LEDs, you can monitor what nocturnal animals are doing in your garden without disturbing them.
The camera works with all models of Raspberry Pi 1, 2, 3 and 4. It can be accessed through the MMAL and V4L APIs, and there are numerous third-party libraries built for it, including the Picamera Python library. See the Getting Started with Picamera resource to learn how to use it.
The Pi Camera NoIR v.2 attaches to Pi by way of one of the small sockets on the board upper surface and uses the dedicated CSi interface, designed especially for interfacing to cameras.
- The NoIR Camera has No InfraRed (NoIR) filter on the lens which makes it perfect for doing Infrared photography and taking pictures in low light (twilight) environments.
- Fixed focus lens onboard.
- 8-megapixel native resolution sensor-capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images.
- Supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 video.
- Weight just over 3g.
- Connects to the Raspberry Pi board via a short ribbon cable (supplied).
- The camera works with all models of Raspberry Pi 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Camera v2 is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi's preferred operating system.
- Ideal for IR photography, low light photography, monitoring plant growth, CCTV security camera.
- 1 x Pi Camera NoIR v.2.
- 1 x Blue Gel Square.
- 1 x Ribbon connector cable.
Possible applications include:
- Length: 25mm.
- Width: 23mm.
- Height: 9mm.
- Any version of Raspberry Pi; 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.