Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik 8 Pin PIC Project Board with batteries
This board has been designed to complement the larger development board.
The larger development board can be used as a starting point for a project by attaching inputs and outputs to the board via the terminal blocks.
The PIC software can then be developed and the complete solution tested without using a soldering iron. Once students are happy with their design they can transfer the design to this project board, soldering their chosen peripherals into the board.
This development board can then be reused on future projects.
You can connect any device to the outputs of the board including LEDs, sounders, motors etc.
The teaching notes for this project include a number of possible projects including, a decision maker, traffic light, timer, quiz buzzer, alarm and a timed fan.
- 8 Pin PIC Project Board.
- Compatible with most education Flowcharting Systems.
- This development board can then be reused on future projects.
- 3 x 1KΩ Resistors.
- 1 x 10KΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 22KΩ Resistor.
- 1 x BC337 NPN Transistor.
- 1 x 3.5mm PCB Mount Jack Socket.
- 1 x 8 Pin IC Holder.
- 1 x PP3 Clip Lead.
- 1 x 3xAA Battery Cage.
- 1 x PIC project board PCB.
- PCB Length: 48mm.
- PCB Width: 48mm.
- 3 x GP AA Batteries.
- You Will alsoneed either the PICAXE or GENIE Programming Software and Lead.
- Soldering Iron.
- Wire Cutters.
- Wire Strippers.
- This kit requires assembly.
- Processor not included.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2127.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.