Buy locally from a partner
The Kitronik Lesson in a Box Primary Computing Pack, an all-in-one Laboratory for learning/delivering KS2 computing in the classroom (7 - 10-year-olds) again and again.
The Kitronik Lesson in a Box Primary Computing Pack is a complete set of electronics and teaching resources to enable successful Ofsted quality curricular linked lessons with minimal teacher effort. The kit and teaching resources have been tried and tested by real pupils and developed with real teachers to save you time.
In developing this box we wanted it to be affordable, useful and robust enough for teachers to use again and again. The resources cover KS2 computing specifications with link over to KS2 Science.
All of the teaching resources are set out in a teacher, ‘user-friendly' way, including technicians notes, lesson plans, and worksheets. These are supplied as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint formats as well as PDF’s, which can be copied, modified, and printed to suit your own teaching style. There is also a quick start guide to the Lesson in a Box kit that gives an overview of the whole box including a summary of your new lessons, how to set up your kit, how to use the micro:bit, code examples and more!
The Primary Computing Pack utilise the BBC micro:bit and our LAB:bit board designed specifically for this type of activity! It requires no soldering and has a protective case on top of the components. The advantages of the micro:bit are that while being easy to use, it is feature-packed and it can be coded with languages that suit every ability level.
- The Lesson in a Box Primary Computing Pack is a complete set of electronics and teaching resources to enables successful curricular lessons with minimal teacher effort.
- The box covers 4 of the progress 7 curricular for the National Curriculum for KS2 Computing, also covers 4 of the progress 9 curricular for the National Curriculum for KS2 Science.
- No soldering is required for technicians or students.
- The kit and teaching resources have been tried and tested by real pupils and developed by real teachers.
- The kit includes technicians' notes, lesson plans, resources and workbooks or worksheets.
- The kit has been designed to be used over and over again, all component parts were chosen/designed with this in mind.
- Packaged in a sturdy reusable Grantnells tray that will keep the kits together and safe in between uses.
- It's fun to teach and fun to learn!
- There are 10 student and 1 teacher sets of Electronics (11 sets in total) supplied in a reusable Gratnells tray. Each set includes:
- 1 x LAB:bit.
- 1 x 5 spoke injection moulded Wheel and tyre for the motor.
- 1 x 3xAA Battery cage.
- 1 x Printed A4 Piano.
- 1 x Printed A4 Snakes and Ladders style board.
- 1x Printed A3 Build Instructions.
- Also included with the Kit is a USB Drive, the drive contains;
- Quick start guide for teachers and technicians.
- full teaching resources for 11 lessons, including PowerPoint presentations, worksheets, schemes of work, and some printed material.
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to BBC micro:bit and MakeCode
- Lesson 2 – Inputs and Outputs
- Lesson 3 – Physical Systems
- Lesson 4 – Algorithms
- Lesson 5 – Traffic Lights
- Lesson 6 – Traffic Light with Crossing
- Lesson 7 – Brightness Control
- Lesson 8 – Speed Control
- Lesson 9 – Sound Meter
- Lesson 10 – Echolocation
- Lesson 11 – Musical Instrument
- The Primary Computing Pack covers the following curriculum areas for Key Stage 2 (age 7-11).
- Computing KS2.
- Science KS2 (Year 4 Sound)
- Science KS2 (Year 6 Light)
- Maths KS2 (Year 5 Measurement).
- Maths KS2 (Year 5&6 Statistics).
- Example Code.
- Templates for the Zeotrope to be printed.
- 1 x BBC micro:bit per LAB:bit.
- 3 x AA batteries per LAB:bit.
- 1 x microUSB cable per LAB:bit.
- Lesson in a box introduction.
- Tech Talk with Caroline Keep - live replay.
- LAB:bit tech talk- live stream playback.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.