Our new Flexible ZIP Strip has 50 individually addressable RGB LED’s on a 0.5m strip. Each LED can be controlled independently and all LEDs are connected using the same three wire bus.
Each LED can produce a full spectrum of colours independent to all of the other LEDs on the bus. Each ZIP LED has a Red, Green and Blue element within the LED, and each of these can achieve 256 levels of brightness. This results in 16,777,216 possible output colours. Multiple ZIP LEDs can be connected to produce longer strings/strips and if a smaller strip length is required the flexible ZIP Strips can be cut into shorter strips along the points marked on the strip.
- Simple 3 wire connection for all LEDs.
- Compatible with any WS2812B driver code.
- They can be coded with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor for the BBC microbit.
- Integrated reset circuit.
- 1 x Kitronik Addressable RGB Flexible 50 ZIP LED Strip (0.5m).
- Length: 0.5m
- Width: 10mm.
- Height: 2mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Thank you for your question, it would depend as these LEDs must have a micro controller to be able to work the LEDs. You would have to cut one end off a USB lead and get and extra piece of wire. You would need the extra piece of wire to connect the pin on the micro controller and the data on the LEDs. Then twin the grounds for the micro controller and USB and have the positive wire go directly to the LEDs.
the best thing to do would be to power the micro:bit separately. Then connect the 5V positive to the 5V on the board.
Connect a Pin from the micro:bit to the data on the LED strip.
Then you would need to connect the GND on the micro:bit to the GND on the LED strip and also connect it to the negative wire form the 5V supply to the same pad, most likely by soldering two wires to that point.
Possibly a stupid question, but are these 'powerable' simply from batteries? If so, what kind of voltage is required? Many thanks.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.