Kitronik Stereo Amplifier, Pre-built plus PP3 battery
Kitronik Stereo Amplifier, Pre-built plus PP3 battery
Our pre-built version of our stereo audio amplifier kit allows you to focus more on product design.
The stereo amplifier kit is supplied with all the resistors, capacitors & IC holder fitted. Students just need to finish it by connecting the jack lead, speakers & power clip to the board.
It can then be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players. It uses a NJM2073D audio amplifier IC which can output 1W per channel. The kit is supplied with two speakers and a pre-made jack plug.
It has a PP3 battery clip and can run off any voltage from 2 to 15 volts. Output power at 9V is 1W per speaker.
It works nicely off a 9V battery (not supplied) or if you want to run it of the mains why not try our 12V wall power unit.
This kit is also available in a kit version.
Note: You will only have to use the build instruction to connect the jack lead, power lead and speakers.
- 1W per channel stereo amplifier.
- 1 x Stereo Amp Cable.
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 2 x 8 Ohm 66mm Speakers.
- 1m Figure 8 Speaker Cable 2x (7x0.18mm).
- 1 x Stereo Amplifier PCB
Note: The following components have been pre-assembled and soldered onto the Stereo Amplifier PCB.
- 1 x NJM2073D Stereo Amplifier IC.
- 1 x 8 Pin IC Holder.
- 2 x 10K Resistors.
- 2 x 4.7R Resistors.
- 2 x 100K Resistors.
- 2 x Ceramic Capacitor, 50V, 100nF.
- 2 x Electrolytic Capacitors, 16V, 470uF.
- 2 x Electrolytic Capacitors, 25V, 100uF.
- 1 x Electrolytic Capacitor, 16V, 10uF.
- PCB Length: 58mm.
- PCB Width: 35mm.
- Either: 1 x Zinc Chloride PP3 Battery.
- Or: 1 x 12V Wall Power Unit and 1 x 2.1mm PCB Mount DC Socket.
- Soldering Iron.
- Wire Cutters.
- Wire Strippers.
- Click here to download the essential information.
- Click here to download the full teaching resources.
- Click here to download Autodesk files for this product.
- 3D CAD Files.
- Click here to find out more about Autodesk.
- NJM2073 Dual Low Voltage Power Amplifier IC Datasheet.
This product is also available in retail packaging making them an ideal gift. Click here to view the retail version.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
This resource has been designed to show how you can use our Mono and stereo amplifier module kits as the basis for a 3D printing project. Speaker cases are a great...
This resource has been designed to show how you can use our Mono and stereo amplifier module kits as the basis for a 3D printing project....
V battery/wall adaptor) though. You might get a slight echo from them as minor differences in the components might cause them to be very slightly out of synch. Then again I don't know if this would be noticeable. You might be able to get away with adding 2 extra speakers per kit by wiring them in parallel with the original speakers (wiring the extra speakers into the same place as the standard ones.), that way you would only need 2 stereo amps.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.