Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik Stereo Amp Kit plus Batteries
This stereo audio amplifier kit can be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players and Mobile devices, such as tablets and phones with a 3.5mm jack socket. The kit can be used in the classroom to teach electronics and product design. The M3 mounting holes in each of the corners make it straightforward to attach the kit firmly to an enclosure. As with all of our project kits, we have provided teachers with full documentation that can be used for lesson planning, they can be downloaded from the foot of the product description.
The kit features 2 x FM8002A mono amplifier ICs, one for each channel, which are surface-mounted components that come pre-fitted to the PCB. Once the rest of the circuit has been built and the speakers attached, the amplifier outputs 1.5W per channel into 8ohm speakers. The kit is supplied with a 3 x AA battery holder (with flying leads) for powering the amplifier, the kit is not supplied with batteries, they can be obtained separately here.
- This kit requires basic assembly and soldering.
- The kit is not supplied with batteries, they can be obtained separately here.
- This kit replaces the older 2136 Kitronik Stereo Amplifier Kit.
- This is a 1.5W per channel stereo amplifier kit.
- It can be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players and Mobile devices with a 3.5mm jack socket.
- The kit has been designed for use in the classroom and can be used to teach electronics and product design.
- Full documentation is available as a download for teachers and students.
- The kit features 2 x FM8002A pre-mounted mono amplifier ICs.
- It is also supplied with a 3 x AA battery holder.
- Offers an excellent platform for custom enclosures.
- 2 x 15K Resistors.
- 2 x 100K Resistors.
- 2 x Ceramic Capacitor, 50V, 100nF.
- 3 x Electrolytic Capacitors, 50V, 1uF.
- 1 x Stereo Amp Cable.
- 1 x (3x AA) Battery Holder with Flying Leads.
- 2 x 8 Ohm 66mm Speakers.
- 1m Figure 8 Speaker Cable 2x (7x0.18mm).
- 1 x Stereo Amplifier PCB with amplifier ICs pre-fitted.
- PCB Length: 58mm.
- PCB Width: 35mm.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2179.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.