This is a through-hole version of the popular SparkFun Electronics Simon Says kit. The kit lets you make your own Simon Says game, where you have to copy a pattern that gets more and more difficult until you fail to copy it correctly. This version comes with an ATmega328 processor that is pre-programmed with the Simon Says code (the source code is provided below if you want to re-write it!). All components are through-hole, making this kit great for beginners. When building this kit, you'll have a chance to solder a 28-pin microprocessor, LEDs, battery clips and more.
After you have successfully assembled the kit, you will have a greater knowledge of through-hole soldering and the tools, techniques, and terminology required to populate your own PCB prototype. You will have a development platform with 5 outputs (LEDs and buzzer), 5 inputs (buttons), and serial for debugging. And, of course, you'll have your very own Simon game! Checkout the great assembly instructions. The kit even includes batteries! Assembly time varies, but for a true beginner with no soldering experience, the kit can take 20-40 minutes to assemble.
- 1x ATmega328 - pre-programmed with Simon firmware
- 1x Buzzer
- 2x 0.1μF Cap
- 1x 10K Resistor
- 4x LEDs (blue, yellow, red, green)
- 2x Slide Switch
- 4x Battery Clips
- 2x AA Batteries
- 1x Button pad
- 1x Bezel
- 4x Standoffs and screws
- 1x Assembly instructions.
Note:This ATmega328 comes pre-programmed with the Simon code as well as the STK500 serial bootloader. This serial bootloader will allow you to re-program the Simon game using the Arduino development environment if you want to change the code for your own. There is not direct support under the Arduino IDE but the 'LilyPad Arduino w/ ATmega328' should allow you to reprogram the board using Arduino. You will need a serial to USB converter such as the Breakout Board for FT232RL USB to Serial to program the reprogram the board from the Arduino environment.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.