Buy locally from a partner
Make the RiPi Pico the hub of your next robot/buggy project with The Kitronik Simply Robotics Board for Raspberry Pi Pico.
The Kitronik Simply Robotics Board for Raspberry Pi Pico features 2 Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver ICs (capable of driving 2 brushed motors or 1 stepper motor) and 8 servo outputs (capable of driving standard and continuous rotation servos), all controlled from a Raspberry Pi Pico. The Raspberry Pi Pico is not included, a Pico with pre-soldered pin headers can be obtained separately here, or the Pico W version with headers here.
The Motor Driver ICs are capable of up to 1A per channel and can drive a variety of small motors, such as hobby motors and more. They feature built-in protection for overcurrent, which can be reset by power cycling the board. The board features standard 3-pin servo connectors which allow for servos to be plugged straight in without the need for additional adaptors or soldering.
The IO breakout provides connections to 5 GPIO pins, including the Analogue inputs on the Pico. These IO points allow input devices, for example, sensors, or output devices, such as ZIP LEDs, to be added to the board. The board also features 3 x holes for mounting the board to a surface or custom enclosure, the mounting holes are 3.3mm in diameter (M3 clearance).
Power is provided via a terminal block. The supply is controlled by an on/off power switch to the board. There is a green LED to indicate when the board is turned on. The board then produces a regulated supply which is fed into the connected Pico, removing the need to power the Pico separately. There are 3V and GND pins broken out on the additional header, which means external devices can also be powered.
- This board is not supplied with a Raspberry Pi Pico, a Pico with pre-soldered pin headers can be obtained separately here, or the Pico W version with the headers here.
- This board is capable of continuous use at high currents. During such use, it may become hot.
- Control up 8 servos and two motors (or a stepper motor) simultaneously with the Raspberry Pi Pico.
- The board requires a Pico with headers attached, either;
- Ample IO for advanced robotics projects.
- The onboard servo connectors are standard 3-pin servo connectors.
- The board also features 5 GPIO pins, including the Analogue inputs on the Pico. These IO points allow input devices, for example, sensors, or output devices, such as ZIP LEDs.
- Power is provided via a terminal block power input connector, with an on/off switch and power status LED.
- The Simply Robotics board will power all of the attached servos and provide the attached Pico with a regulated 3V supply.
- Additionally, there is built-in reverse polarity protection.
- Kitronik has produced example MicroPython class and example code showing its use.
- 1 x Kitronik Simply Robotics for Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Length: 63mm.
- Width: 42mm.
- Max Height: 10mm.
- Mounting Holes Diameter: 3.3mm (M3)
- Optional items;
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
|Supply Voltage||3 - 12V|
|Number of Servo Channels||8|
|Number of Motor Channels||4 DC / 2 Stepper|
|Servo / Motor Voltage||Same as Supply Voltage|
|Max Continuous Current (all Servos and Motors)||10 Amps|
|Max Motor Current||1A / Motor|
|Additional IO||5 (via solder pads)|
|Additional GND||3 (via solder pads)|
|Additional 3V3||3 (via solder pads)|
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.