Unlock your potential and get creative with code, electronics, science, and engineering. With the new BBC micro:bit and MI:pro case, anything is possible!
A BBC micro:bit with a MI:pro protective case, a 1M anti tangle USB Cable, a Battery Cage and 2 x AAA Batteries. This Kitronik MI:pro Protector Case for the BBC micro:bit has been designed to work with both the original micro:bit V1 and the new micro:bit V2 and continues in the traditions of our earlier cases. The cases are designed to keep the micro:bit safe, fully useable, and to offer the freedom of not being tethered to a computer. Note: The MI:pro protector case requires assembly.
If a battery holder is attached to the back it can also can be stood neatly on a desk and it also features large and easy to read labels for the A and B buttons. This case provides full access to the bottom pins on the BBC micro:bit so the Edge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit can be used. One of the key features of the micro:bit is its physical size and this case has been designed with that in mind. It's as compact as we could make it, whilst still offering protection for the micro:bit.
The new micro:bit V2 is the latest revision of everyone’s favourite powerful palm-sized, and fully programmable computer. Conceived by the BBC to encourage children to get actively involved in writing software and building new things that will be controlled by it. V2 is the same size, shape, and it works in the same way as the original micro:bit. So, if you have used the original then this will be instantly familiar to you.
For an in-depth look at the feature and technical specification differences between micro:bit V1 and the new microbit, click here.
Note: The MI:pro protector case requires assembly.
BBC micro:bit Features:
- USB, Radio, serial, and Bluetooth Low energy connectivity.
- A Compass and Accelerometer.
- 2 x user-assignable buttons.
- A fully programmable 25 LED display.
- 25 pin notched edge connector.
- Onboard speaker.
- MEMs Microphone with LED indicator.
- Touch-sensitive logo.
- Light level sensing.
- Temperature sensing.
- Built-in sleep/off mode allowing the board to be powered-down with batteries connected.
- A discrete regulator that can supply up to 200mA of current to external accessories.
- Power status LED and USB data transfer LED.
MI:pro Protector Case Features:
- Provides excellent protection to the BBC micro:bit whilst allowing access to the bottom pins.
- Full access to the A and B buttons on the BBC micro:bit.
- Attach a battery cage to the rear of the case with the supplied sticky fixer.
- Full access to pins and connections including the micro USB connector.
- Clear case material shows the on-board LEDs in perfect clarity.
- The case is compatible with versions 1 and 2 of the micro:bit.
- When used in conjunction with a battery holder, micro:bit projects can be fully mobile.
- 1 x BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x MI:pro Protective Case, comprising;
- 4 x M3 Cheese Head Nylon Machine Screw.
- 1 x Sticky Fixer Pad.
- 4 x M3 Nylon Full Nut.
- Laser-cut parts;
- 1 x Back Mounting Plate.
- 2 x Mid-layer Parts.
- 1 x Mid-layer Plate.
- 1 x Front Plate.
- 1 x 1M Anti Tangle USB Cable.
- 1 x Battery Cage.
- 2 x AAA Batteries.
BBC micro:bit Dimensions:
- PCB Length: 52mm.
- PCB Width: 42mm.
- PCB Height: 11.7mm.
- Length: 65mm.
- Width: 37mm.
- Depth (without screws): 12mm.
- Depth (with screws): 18.5mm.
- Computer with Internet access.
- A small screwdriver.
- The Five Minute microbit Guide.
- The Parent's Complete Guide To The BBC micro:bit.
- micro:bit V1 and 2 features comparison.
- How to convert V1 hex files to Universal hex files.
- Kitronik University micro:bit resources and guides.
- The micro:bit Foundation website.
Note: Due to Country specific trademark restrictions there may be some Countries that we are unable to ship the BBC micro:bit to. In the unlikely event that this occurs we will fully refund your purchase.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.