Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik BullDozer add on for :MOVE mini Mk2 plus :MOVE mini buggy
Kitronik BullDozer add on for :MOVE mini Mk2 plus BullDozer and Bumper add-ons
With this, the latest version of our Bulldozer add-on for :MOVE mini MK2 for the BBC microbit, everyone's favourite little programmable robot buggy just got much better. Robots often do more than just :MOVE from A to B, and with this add-on so can :MOVE mini.
Although this add on has been designed to work with :MOVE mini MK2 it can also be fitted to the original :MOVE mini. We have produced two sets of build instructions as there is a slightly different procedure for each. The MK1 and MK2 build instructions can both be found in the resources section below.
Previously on :MOVE mini, we; drew shapes, controlled it via bluetooth, controlled it with a second microbit, and we also coded a variety of light shows. Now, it can totally lift and carry stuff too!
This self assembly bulldozer add-on kit is made from the same materials as :MOVE mini MK2, designed in keeping with the :MOVE mini aesthetic, and also comes with the servo required to move the bulldozer add-on up and down.
There is a very simple Servo:Lite board hack that enables the control of the third servo, you can find out how here. Once the kit is fully assembled, the bulldozer arm can be coded with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.Note: In order to use this accessory you must enable the third servo functionality to be able to connect the third servo to the Servo:Lite board, some soldering is required in order to do this. The header pins required for this are supplied with this kit. Also, enabling the third servo disables the onboard ZIP LEDs. If you undo the third servo hack and return the board to its original state, the onboard ZIP LEDs will be re-enabled. We have produced a short guide showing how to enable the third servo and how to revert this change, read it here.
- This kit requires mechanical assembly.
- This kit requires some soldering.
- When attached to :MOVE mini this kit offers a fun introduction to the world of DIY robotics.
- Code it with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.
- Use in conjunction with an App and control it over Bluetooth.
- Use the radio function and a second microbit as a controller.
- 1 x Set of Buldozer parts.
- 1 x Mini 180 Degree Servo.
- 4 x M2 6mm Pan head steel screw.
- 4 x M2 Hex Full width nut.
- 2 x Counter sunk M3 screw.
- 3 x Straight PCB pin headers (The same pin type found in these pin headers).
- Length: 110mm.
- Width: 50mm.
- Height: 75mm.
- Bulldozer Build Instructions for MK1 :MOVE mini.
- Bulldozer Build Instructions for MK2 :MOVE mini.
- Servo:Lite board Datasheet.
- Coding Examples;
- Example code and usage instructions.
- Guide For Kitronik Custom MakeCode Editor Servo Blocks.
- Getting Started With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide For Controlling 3 Servos With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide for Controlling :MOVE mini With The microbit Radio.
- Guide For Adding Bluetooth Remote Control To :MOVE mini.
- WS2812B Datasheet.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.