Kitronik Alarm Project Kit plus batteries
This kit can be used to make a shed or room alarm when mounted on the top of a door, drawers or any other object with a moveable opening. It can also be used by replacing the micro switch with a magnetic door contact.
A micro switch acts as a trigger mechanism and is armed / disarmed by a seperate sliding switch. The door's movement is detected by a micro switch mounted onto a door or object with a lid. A timer provides an entry delay during which the system can be disarmed by the slide switch, whilst a separate timer silences the alarm after two minutes. Both of these timers are implemented via a 556 dual timer IC.
The alarm can be further enhanced by using a simple key switch for arming / disarming or by replacing the micro switch with a magnetic door contact switch to activate it. The board, battery pack & buzzer can be placed into a box designed by the student.
- Can be enhanced with a key switch to arm/disarm.
- Can be enhanced by replacing the micro switch with a magnetic door contact switch.
- Entry delay for disarming.
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 1 x 4xAA Battery Cage with Clip.
- 1 x Miniature DPDT Slide Switch.
- 1 x NE556 Dual Timer IC.
- 1 x IC Socket 14 Pin.
- 1 x Piezo Buzzer (with Drive).
- 4 x Capacitor, Ceramic, 50V, 10nF.
- 2 x 100uF Cap Low Leakage.
- 3 x 10KΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 220KΩ Resistor.
- 2 x 1.2MΩ Resistor.
- 1 x Micro Switch with Medium Lever.
- 1 x Red 5mm Diffused LED - 275mCd.
- 1 x 330Ω Resistor.
- 1 x Alarm Project Kit PCB.
Possible applications include:
- Adding an alarm to a cookie/biscuit tin.
- Adding an entry alarm to a door.
- PCB Length: 51mm.
- PCB Width: 41.5mm.
- 4 x AA Batteries.
- Click here to download the essential information.
- Click here to download the full teaching resources.
This kit is supplied in a simple grip seal bag.
Note:This is an educational kit and should not be used to secure anything of value.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2101.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.