Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik Timed Night Light Project Kit plus batteries
The colour changing LED on this kit turns on when it goes dark and stays on for a period of time.
This makes a good night light and because the LED is only on for a small amount of time the batteries last much longer than a light that is on all night.
There is an on board trimmer to set the light level at which the LED turns on and another trimmer to set how long the LED stays on for. The maximum duration is about 30 minutes.
When set to 15 minutes and activated once a night the batteries will last two months.
- Adjustable light level sensor.
- Adjustable length of light time.
- 2 x 10K Resistor.
- 2 x 1M Resistor.
- 1 x PCB trimmer 220K POT.
- 1 x PCB trimmer 10M POT.
- 1 x 47R Resistor.
- 1 x Miniature LDR.
- 1 x Capacitor, Electrolytic, 16V, 470uF.
- 4 x 2N7000 N Chanel FET.
- 1 x Colour Changing 5mm Diffused LED - 750mCd.
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 1 x 3xAA Battery Cage with Clip.
- 1 x Timed Night Light Kit PCB.
- PCB Length: 53mm.
- PCB Width: 41mm.
This kit is supplied in a grip seal bag.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2139.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
The case is made from 3mm plywood, laser cut and a second colour changing LED has been added into the circuit plus an on/off switch. They used some 10mm diameter...
The case is made from 3mm plywood, laser cut and a second colour changing LED has been added into the circuit plus an on/off switch....
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.