Our new Linear Actuator converts the circular movement of a 180 degree servo (supplied) into motion in a straight line, one way and then the other. It can be mounted to a project to provide either horizontal or vertical movement.
Linear Actuators are useful for a whole host of different applications, like; robots, automated button switching, steering racks for buggies, a point switcher on a model railway, animating a diorama display, etc. Linear actuators are also used extensively in industry and in consumer products, such as; valves, cams, floppy disk drives and optical disk drives, just to name a few.
The Linear Actuator has been cut from a 5mm clear blue Perspex Sheet, the same material as used in our servo powered Klaw gripper. There are a range of mounting holes at either end of the rack including a 3mm hole, a 3mm square, and standard servo horn holes suitable for wire (1mm dia) and it has approximately 20mm of travel. It has a gear ratio of 2:3 and the stall torque of the provided servo is 1.5kg/cm at 6V and 1.3kg at 4.8V.
- The Linear Actuator converts the circular movement of a 180 degree servo (supplied) into motion in a straight line.
- It is supplied with a 180 degree FS90 servo and fixings.
- Useful for a wide range of applications, such as; robotics, switching, animating displays and more.
- Use with boards such as microbit, Arduino, or RaspberryPi.
- It can be used with a number of our microbit accessory boards, such as;
- Linear Actuator Laser Cut Parts.
- 1 x Micro 180 Degree Servo and fixings.
- 2 x M3x 10 Pozi PanSteel M/C.
- 1 x M3 Form A Steel Washer.
- Linear Actuator assembly Instructions.
- Small Phillips Screwdriver.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.