Note: The latest version of our mono amplifier kit can be found here.
Our best selling amplifier kit has had an upgrade and a facelift. Version 2.0 of our Pre-built Mono Amplifier Kit has a brand new IC and we've also made all of the components suraface mount for a neater design.
This audio amplifier kit can be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players. It uses the very polular LM836 audio amplifier IC which can output 0.7W of power. The kit is supplied with a PP3 battery clip and can run off any voltage from 4 to 15 volts.
Also supplied is a pre-built jack cable.
All that is required is to solder the jack lead, speaker & power clip to the board and you are good to go.
- Pre-built kit allows you to concentrate on product design rather than assembly.
- Works with a wide variety of mp3 players, phones and computer equipment.
- 1 x Pre-Built Mono MP3 Amplifier.
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 1 x 3.5mm Mono Jack Lead, 50cm length.
- 1 x 8 ohm 66mm Speaker.
- PCB Length: 45.5mm.
- PCB Width: 35.5mm.
- Mono Amplifier Essentials (Including Build Instructions).
- Teaching Notes (Including Essentials).
- LM386 Datasheet.
- Cutting Files for our Mono Amp Case.
- Please note if using 2D Design the .dxf file can be opened by using File -> Import.
- The mono amp case cutting data files are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2154B.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
This resource has been produced to provide a great way for you to create amplifier cases for our very popular MP3 Mono Amplifier V2.0 Kit and our High Power Stereo Amplifier Kit.This...
This resource has been produced to provide a great way for you to create amplifier cases for our very popular MP3 Mono Amplifier V2.0 Kit and...
Hello Roger, It is possible to add another amplifier to the output of the radio kit, however the mono amp kit wouldn’t be a suitable option. The 3W class D amp kit would be a more suitable option. I have assumed that you are using our FM radio kit for this, other kits can be different.
Hi Tony, Unfortunately we are unable to supply just the built boards. This is due to us having speakers and battery clips automatically ordered when a batch of these boards are built and as such we wouldn’t be able to separate these out.
If you take a look at the input biasing on page 3 of the chip datasheet this explains further. However with how the kit is designed your input impedance should be fine. https://www.kitronik.co.uk/pdf/LM386.pdf
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.