How to make a Line Following Buggy (using 2 Light Activated Boards).As shown below, by using two light activated boards and two motors it is possible to make a line following buggy. The boards just need to be mounted close to the ground with the light sensor facing down. Normally the buggy will travel in a straight line . If one of the sensors crosses the dark line it turns off the motor on that side. This will steer the buggy away from the line. Once it has been steered away from the line the motor will turn back on. This circuit could be used with lego motors, alternatively we sell a retail version.
- 2 x Light activated switch (stock code 2112)
- 3 x AA Battery cage with lead (stock code 2234-25 - pack of 25)
- PP3 battery clip lead (stock code 2238-25 pack of 25)
- 2 x Motors (stock code 2501 - pack of 10)
- 2 x Motor clips (stock code 2505 - pack of 10)
- Zinc Chloride AA batteries (2201-40 - box of 40)
©Kitronik Ltd – You may print this page & link to it, but must not copy the page or part thereof without Kitronik's prior written consent.