Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik Quiz Buzzer Project Kit with batteries
Two people (or two teams) can use the quiz buzzer to show who pressed their button first. When the button is pressed the buzzer sounds and either the red or green light is illuminated to show who was fastest.
This project is brilliant for demonstrating a wide range of electronics. It uses push to make & push to break switches, thyristors as latches, transistors, logic gates, LEDs & buzzers.
- Audio and visual indicator.
- Demonstrates a wide range of electronics.
- 1 x Quad 2 Input AND Gate (4081B).
- 1 x Quad 2 Input OR Gate (4071B).
- 2 x IC Socket 14 Pin.
- 2 x Miniature Push to Make Switch, Red.
- 1 x Miniature Push to Break Switch, Black.
- 1 x Red 5mm Diffused LED - 275mCd.
- 1 x Green 5mm Diffused LED - 35mCd.
- 5 x 10K Resistor.
- 2 x 220R Resistor.
- 2 x 2N5061 Thyristor.
- 1 x BC547 NPN Transistor.
- 1 x Piezo Buzzer (with Drive).
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 1 x 3xAA Battery Cage with Clip.
- 1 x Quiz Buzzer PCB.
- PCB Length: 59.5mm.
- PCB Width: 43mm.
This kit is supplied in a grip seal bag.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2116.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
1) fit extension wires to the board to mount the leds off the board? About 6 inches from the board.
2) add a parallel led to the existing led's ? What is the led voltage rating?
Thats it really, thanks for making this board.
the above description. As for the cable it wouldn?t be a problem to extend the switch cables or even put more than one switch in parallel.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.