Buy locally from a partner
Inventors Kit Python version plus BBC micro:bit starter kit
The Kitronik Inventor's Kit - Python version for the BBC micro:bit is a great way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with the BBC micro:bit. This Inventor's Kit contains everything you need to complete 10 experiments. To get you off to a flying start, we have included an easy-to-follow tutorial book which guides you through everything you will need to know about programming the BBC micro:bit. You don't need any experience with programming as the tutorial book will guide you every step of the way. You'll be programming and creating circuits in no time!
The tutorial offers step-by-step guides to all 10 experiments. Experiments 1 - 6 are coded with MakeCode Blocks and experiments 7 - 10 are coded with the MakeCode Python editor.
The BBC micro:bit has a selection of pins that are located on the bottom edge of its PCB. By using our specially designed Edge Connector Board for the BBC micro:bit in conjunction with the breadboard, it is easy to use these pins to connect additional components to the BBC micro:bit.
This kit is available as a single pack or as a pack of 20 for the classroom.
Inventors Kit Add-On Packs:
On its own, the Kitronik Inventors Kit offers a great introduction to the world of physical computing. . But why stop there?
The three add-on packs for the inventors kit have been specifically devised to introduce you to these aspects of practical physical computing.
- ZIP LEDs Add-On Pack for Kitronik Inventors Kit for micro:bit - Learn how to write code to take control of ZIP LEDs and also learn how to make ZIP LEDs respond to input from components such as potentiometers and sensors.
- Noise Pack for Kitronik Inventor's Kit for the BBC micro:bit - Learn how to manipulate sound, build instruments, amplify your sounds, and how to shape your sounds with Filtering and EQ.
- Digital Logic Pack for Kitronik Inventor's Kit for the BBC micro:bit - Learn how logic gates work and how they can be used in conjunction with the micro:bit.
- This kit requires assembly.
- This kit does not include a BBC microbit.
- If you purchase a microbit separately you may also need to purchase a Battery Cage and a USB Cable, depending on which microbit option you purchase.
- No soldering is required - build your first circuit in minutes!
- Make 10 experiments included in the provided step-by-step tutorial book.
- As your skill grows, progress from Blocks to Python all within the MakeCode environment.
- Experiments 1 - 6 are blocks orientated.
- Experiments 7 - 10 are now completed with Python.
- All parts are included to conduct the 10 experiments (listed below).
- Breaks out 21 accessible pins from the BBC micro:bit using the Edge Connector Board for the BBC micro:bit (included).
- Small Prototype Breadboard included for fast prototyping.
Every single pack contains;
- 1 x Mounting Plate.
- 1 x Potentiometer - Vertical Type (finger adjust) 100K.
- 1 x Finger Adjust Spindle.
- 1 x Sticky Fixer for Battery Pack.
- 1 x Small Prototype Breadboard.
- 1 x Terminal Connector.
- 4 x Push Switch.
- 1 x Motor.
- 1 x Transistor.
- 2 x Red 5mm LED.
- 2 x Orange 5mm LED.
- 2 x Yellow 5mm LED.
- 2 x Green 5mm LED.
- 1 x RGB 5mm LED.
- 1 x Fan Blade.
- 5 x 2.2KΩ Resistor.
- 5 x 10KΩ Resistor.
- 5 x 47Ω Resistor.
- 1 x Edge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit.
- 10 x Male to Male Jumper Wires.
- 10 x Male to Female Jumper Wires.
- 1 x 470uF Electrolytic Capacitor.
- 1 x Piezo Element Buzzer.
- 2 x Pan Head M3 Machine Screw.
- 1 x Phototransistor.
Kitronik micro:bit inventors kit - Python version Pack Size Options:
- Single Pack: 5669
- 20 Pack: 5669-20
- 1 x BBC micro:bit or BBC micro:bit V2.
- 1 x Phillips Screwdriver.
- 1 x Terminal Block Screwdriver.
- 1 x Micro USB Cable.
All of the experiments included in the booklet (listed below) are completed using the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.
|Exp No#.||Experiment Name.||Resource Type.|
|1||Say Hello to the BBC micro:bit.||Further Help.|
|2||Using a Light Sensor & analog inputs.||Full Experiment + Further Help.|
|3||Dimming an LED using a potentiometer.||Further Help.|
|4||Using a transistor to drive a motor.||Full Experiment + Further Help.|
|5||Using the accelerometer to control motor speed.||Further Help.|
|6||Setting the tone with a piezo buzzer.||Further Help.|
|7||Wind Power.||Full Experiment + Further Help.|
|8||Making a game using the compass.||Further Help.|
|9||Capacitor charge circuit.||Further Help.|
|10||Using an RGB LED.||Further Help.|
|11||Making a pedestrian crossing.||Full Experiment + Further Help.|
|12||Making a random dice.||Full Experiment + Further Help.|
Insight Resources Mr Bit is an online educational coding platform that also features sections devoted to some of our key micro:bit accessories, including this kit. To access these resources, please visit;
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.