Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik Inventor's Kit for Raspberry Pi Pico plus Pico
The Kitronik Inventor's Kit for the Raspberry Pi Pico provides a fantastic way of learning how to construct and control electronic circuits with the Pico and MicroPython.
The Kitronik Inventor's Kit for the Raspberry Pi Pico offers the perfect introduction to physical computing with the Pico. This Inventor's Kit contains everything you need to complete 10 exciting experiments and the included booklet walks you through every step of each. Note: The Pico is not supplied with this kit, a pre-soldered one can be obtained separately here.
The possibilities for the kit are endless and the booklet is intended to get you off to a flying start. Before moving on to the experiments, it introduces you to the Raspberry Pi Pico and guides you in getting it ready for use. There is also an introduction to coding, how to run Python code on the Pico, guidance on using Breadboards, and also a detailed assembly guide for the kit.
Each experiment is then explained in full in a clear and concise manner. The full-colour booklet details the parts you need, the code used, a breadboard wiring diagram, a circuit diagram, and a full description of what is happening and why. The 10 experiments start simple and get more difficult as you progress through them.
Much like our Inventor's Kit for micro:bit and Inventors Kit for Arduino, this kit is built around our Inventor's prototyping system. It comprises an injection moulded base plate, onto which the breadboard is affixed, and the included laser cut plate is mounted. The laser-cut plate has mounting points for the included motor, servo, and Pinout board for Raspberry Pi Pico. There are also more than 60 components and connectors in the kit, such as; LEDs, switches, motors, transistors, resistors, and more! Please see the contents section below for a full list.
- There is no soldering required for this kit.
- The kit does involve some mechanical assembly.
- The Pico is not supplied with this kit, a pre-soldered one can be obtained separately here.
- The Kitronik Inventor's Kit for the Raspberry Pi Pico provides a fantastic way of learning how to construct and control electronic circuits with the Pico and MicroPython.
- No soldering is required, build your first circuit in minutes.
- Work through the 10 included experiments, following the detailed full-colour guide booklet.
- The kit includes the Kitronik Inventors prototyping system, also found in the Inventor's Kit for micro:bit and Inventors Kit for Arduino.
- 1 x Full-colour instruction booklet.
- 1 x Kitronik injection moulded Inventor's prototyping mounting plate.
- 1 x Laser cut Pico mounting plate and fixings.
- 1 x Pico Pin Breakout Board.
- 1 x Kitronik 5 LED ZIP stick with pins.
- 1 x Mini 180 Degree Resin Gear Servo SG90.
- 1 x 7 segment display.
- 4 x Push switch.
- 2 x Red 5mm LED.
- 2 x Green 5mm LED.
- 2 x Yellow 5mm LED.
- 2 x Orange 5mm LED.
- 10 x 220Ω resistor.
- 5 x 2.2kΩ resistor.
- 5 x 10kΩ resistor.
- 1 x 3mm Phototransistor.
- 1 x Transistor (NPN BC337).
- 1 x Fan blade.
- 1 x Motor.
- 1 x Piezo element buzzer.
- 20 x MM jumper wires.
- 1 x 470uF electrolytic capacitor.
- 1 x Terminal connector.
- 1 x Potentiometer & finger adjust spindle.
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Pico with pre-soldered headers.
- 1 x Phillips Screwdriver.
- 1 x Terminal Block Screwdriver.
- 1 x Micro USB Cable.
- Thonny editor.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
The table below contains additional resources for each of the included experiments. This includes; Video walk-throughs for each and code that can be copied and then pasted into an editor, such as Thonny.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
The Inventors kit for Raspberry Pi Pico follows in the footsteps of our hugely popular inventors kit for the BBC micro:bit and inventors kit for Arduino. The Inventor's Kit for...
The Inventors kit for Raspberry Pi Pico follows in the footsteps of our hugely popular inventors kit for the BBC micro:bit and inventors kit for...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.